Sunday 25 October 2015

Liebster Award #2





I've been nominated for another Liebster Award, this time by the lovely Tanya.  I love these posts and they are an easy way to get to know a little more about a variety of bloggers. Showing your appreciation for blogs and discovering new ones in the process!

Onto the questions..

1. Favourite city and why?

New Orleans. When I was 18 I packed off on my own for two weeks, staying in a youth hostel a short tram ride from the centre. I had timed my trip well as they had only just reinstated the trams. I was also very fortunate in my timing as I visited in July and in the September Hurrican Katrina hit. I was blessed to experience the last summer before the travesty. 
New Orleans felt like a dream, like a living story. Walking through sleepy streets with their beautiful colonial french architecture, the low ornate balconies dripping with ivy and wisteria, only to gaze up into the distance and see towering skyscrapers of the city ahead. Old men, their hats tipped over their eyes to shield from the sun, sitting on corners and filling the air with amazing jazz music. 
I wish I had planned better and saved enough money to go on a swap trip and I missed visiting the Garden District. 

Maybe one day I'll go back.

2. What people, dead or alive, would you invite to a dinner party?

Tough one. Neil Fallon, lead singer of Clutch. Mostly so I could sit there and fizz my pants off but also because he's a seemingly very smart and erudite person who would tell wonderful stories, or talk about a topic he's passionate about and make it really interesting. Plus his speaking voice is so delicious. Did I mention he's bloody gorgeous? Sigh. What was the question again?

Tarja Turunen and Vibeke Stene so they could sing for us at the table and make me cry. 

Stuart Lee because he makes me laugh until it hurts. 

3. Biggest fashion faux pas? (pictures if possible)

My whole teenage years were a fashion faux pas. As a fat goth I was extra cringy. I mean everyone did the oversized jeans and band shirts but we all overstepped the mark wth dog collars.



4. What started you blogging?

Peer pressure! Ha, I went to my first Plus North a couple of years ago and everyone there said I should start one. So I did! It hasn't come very naturally to me but it's been mostly fun!

5. Where would you like to see the PS community in the next 5 years?

I want to see us demanding more choice from brands, demanding better representation from brands. I want us to hold people accountable for the shitty/racist/sexist/bigoted things they say and do, but with a view for growth. I want us to be more inclusive, less flat stomach curvy hour glasses, more disabled/poc/trans representation and support. I'm not saying we don't have those people involved but there's room for everyone so let them in. So, not a lot!

6. Biggest pet hate?

Only one? Oh man. Ok, well I guess willful ignorance. Everyone fucks up, says the wrong thing or does something thoughtless but to refuse to acknowledge your mistakes or your privilege in society is what makes all the difference. There's a lot of shitty stuff happening in the world that doesn't happen to you but make yourself aware, educate yourself. 

7. Your motto to live by?

"Be just, and fear not." --Wolsey scene ii, Henry VIII by Shakespeare. 
I got a tattoo with it, mostly because it really struck me. But as time has passed it's become more and more relevant to me. Don't be afraid to do the right thing, even if it isn't always the most popular decision. 

8. What piece of advice would you give your teenage self?

Fuck 'em. They don't matter. They don't matter now and they never will. Their words will become ashes on your tongue. Read more, take better care of your skin. Maybe don't cut your hair that short.


The nominees...

Just Me, Leah
Lolly Likes
Rad Fat Feminist
Kitty Rambles A Lot


The questions..

1. What was your favourite subject in school?
2. You're on death row, what is your final meal?
3. What song gets you singing in the shower?
4. Your proudest moment?
5. Set yourself a goal for the coming year.
6. What did you want to be when you grew up?
7. If you won the lottery what would the first thing you did?


* Link back to the blogger that nominated you.
*Answer the questions
*Nominate other blogs
*Create answers to be published
*Notify all your nominees once published


1 comment:

  1. Lol you made my laugh with the dog collars. So many people I knew used to wear them back in the day! xxx

    ReplyDelete