Tuesday 29 September 2015

The Curve Fashion Festival 2015 (Part 1)


There's going to be a whole bunch of blog posts about this event going around by people vastly more prepared than me, who remembered to take notes and photographs. I am no such person. But I do want to make a point of writing more about my personal interactions at the event and I may later blog more about the event itself as there are things I wanted to talk about.
But I'm still buzzing from it all so I wanted to share all the good stuff first.
The biggest part of the day for me was how much fun I had in the company of fellow bloggers, most of whom I had not met before or had interacted very little with. The sense of excitement and community that was buzzing around the room was very difficult not to get wrapped up in.

I had the pleasure of travelling up with Sarah, Tanya, Sharon, and Becky. The night before we attended a swing dance class, with many laughs to be had as well as some questionable dancing skills from fellow attendees, before bedding down for the night ready for our 7am start. The whole day was just a mix of belly laughing, hugs, and excited chatter.

ruby thunder, the curve fashion festival, curve fashion festival


Before I even had the chance to go inside I became acquainted with a host of new, friendly faces who were generous with warm hugs and welcomes. That was a theme throughout the day. Despite barely knowing anyone it was understood that we were all there for a common goal: to celebrate each other and enjoy a moment that was for us, without judgement, and with love.

I had my reservations; being an new and unknown person in the plus blogging scene, I felt a little intimidated not knowing anyone and seeing the many groups all coming together. But my fears were easily laid to rest as I was pulled in for selfies, lavished with compliments, and chatting so easily with so many strangers.


Amazing dress from Lisa Riley's new range.

Met this fabulous babe, Kat Henry, for the first time

Some posi messages from Curvy Kaye's stall.

L-R Sarah, Nikki, Becky.

Lolly Likes

Of course it wasn't all about hanging out and there was a lot of amazing styles to be seen, from attendees as well as on the hangers. While I forgot to snap an OOTD Becky and I were paped by the SLiNK Magazine crew for theor streetstyle tag.

Image taken from SLiNK Magazine Instagram.

I will be reviewing this dress soon so keep your eyes peeled!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had such a good time with some awesome blogger babes! xxx

    ReplyDelete