Monday 22 June 2015

Sweet Treat.

I've recently had a bit of a hiatus from social media. For one reason or another I've felt a lack of motivation in my daily life and I didn't have much I wanted to say or share. I've felt a little distanced from blogging and I wanted a bit of time away to hide from everything.
But I'm slowly coming out of it. I've been pottering around the house and garden, mostly. Things are starting to bloom and my efforts are bearing fruit, literally!

With any down time sometimes you need a little treat to pick you up, and what better than a sweet treat at that? This amazing Cupcake Dress in Hepburn by Lady V London certainly does the trick! While the black version appears to be out of stock there is a limited number left in the cream here.
This was my first Lady V London dress and it isn't the last.
As with any vintage repro brand I hold my breath as I get ready to put it on. Sizing is always misleading (I'm looking at YOU, Lindy Bop!) and it generally peters out at a size 22, no matter they label it as. Imagine my shock (and sheer delight) as the size 26/28 slid comfortably over my size 26 body and..wait..fit?!

Ruby Thunder, plus size

As well as generous sizing I found the material to be excellent quality. It's just a really comfy dress to wear and as someone who doesn't get much of an opportunity to be in anything other than work clobber it's nice to have something easy to wear that looks really cute too.
Oh, and the dress comes with a belt that fits as well!

Ruby Thunder, plus size


To complete the look I added a super bright, pink cardigan from Asda. I love Asda cardigans. They wash well and are lovely and soft. But importantly they are cheap. They average around £8-£10 and go up to a 24 but the sizing is generous and they tend to be stretchy too so always worth trying on!  I have at least 10 and counting!

Ruby Thunder, plus size

To finish the look I added another Asda treat. These gorgeous peep toe ballet pumps. At £6 you're laughing. I stocked up and bought three pairs. They seem to have vanished off the website but keep your eyes peeled in your local stores. They are super cute, comfy, and an easy finish to any outfit. My handbag is a darling 50's style square handbag I snagged on ebay for £3! It has those big, chunky metal clasps that make a really satisfying snap when they close.

This was a really easy outfit to wear around town, and perfect for a summers day.

Vinnie decided to join me and share in my new found motivation!

Ruby Thunder, plus size Ruby Thunder, plus size

No comments:

Post a Comment