Tuesday 5 August 2014

OOTD: Post festival blues but some good news!

So the last few months have been kind of hectic for me. I turned 28 at the beginning of July and spent the day in beautiful Brighton. I went home to visit the family a week later (of which I spent the majority in bed having pulled my back out. Sigh!)  and I've just returned from Cambridge Folk Festival following a week of lots of polka, jigging, fairylights, knee-slapping and a touch of rain.

So time to catch up with the world online.

So first things first I have been selected to model at the up coming Plus North event at the end of the month.


 As you can imgine I am very flattered and pretty excited. There's a ton of lovely ladies who will be strutting their stuff and I'm excited to be alongside them.

So onto my OOTD. A little homage to my summer holiday, a little piece of paradise in a country park.


I tend to avoid prints, colour, or pattern on my bottom half. I'm faithful to my leggings and mini skirt. But I've been going doolally for anything tropical and when I saw this skirt in Asda I was so excited to see it in my size. The material is so soft and light, perfect for roaming barefoot around the festival and the print is delicious to boot!


You can't see in the picture but there is a little slit up the side which gives it a little sexy Jessica Rabbit feel to it. The waist is elasticated so there's plenty of stretch. The length is perfect for me. I can comfortably wear this on my hips and it doesn't trail.

I teamed this with a simple vest because I didn't want to distract from the amazing colours. For a final tropical splash I wore my gorgeous Palm Bling earrings from Black Heart Creatives. I opted for the matte gold.



Handmade and totally stunning, they come beautifully boxed. A decent weight to them without feeling too heavy I can wear these all day without feeling irritated. I adore everything they have so picking one was hard (but best for my wallet!)

2 comments: